Sunday, February 28, 2010

Yay! Our very original customized Generation Kill fanart!

Gosh, Yvonne is sooo fast and she wrote in English. That means I have to do the same, right?

Two weeks ago, I found two beyond amazing paintings of our beloved PJ. I was stunned and told Yvonne who is a fantastic artist herself about this. Coincidentally Joyce, another great artist also knows who that artist is. Her name is Tiffany. We found that she actually accepts commissions of drawing whichever character we want with a very reasonable price. You can find her website here and here.


Anyway, Yvonne and I decided to contact her and to see if she could accept our commissions. She did and was actually very patient and kind to us. I think we had a very pleasant deal this time.

Here are the results:

Lt. Nate Fick requested by Xiao Ha

Original Photo

Seriously, I literally couldn't lock my jaw when seeing this. She caught the emotions in Fick's eyes so well, and you know, that's why we love about him, right? It felt so real and yet still full of Tiffany's artistic touch. A little bit raw and sophisticated at the same time. I don't even know how to describe it.

Lt. Fick & Sgt. Colbert requested by Yvonne

Original Photo

In the beginning, Yvonne did not expect Tiffany would accept this because to draw the military equipment could be a pain in the ass. However, Tiffany told me she would like to give herself a challenge by doing this. There you go. You see the result. Even the camo looks so natural, and not to mention the M4 Iceman was holding.

Bonnie & Clyde requested by Yvonne

Original Photo

Oh my. Her Bonnie is totally spot on, and the the way Clyde looked at Bonnie is mesmerizing just like the original photo. I'm speechless.

I really love these paintings. Can you believe Tiffany did these three in just one day? I have no idea how efficient this girl is. Anyway, I just want to pimp her out. If you're interested in her artwork as well. Just contact her. I think she will be very happy. :)

9 comments:

Yvonne said...

小哈妳也好迅速喔,Razor的連結貼錯囉,連到我家啦,趕快跟妳說~ :p

Xiao Ha said...

糗~改好了,謝謝!:p

yoyo said...

我剛到Yvonne 家看完那篇,結果還是不能留話,即使用了ie~

我覺得她好厲害,真的都畫出照片人物的神韻~~神奇!!

你們一起買畫?還是明信片?

goodwind said...

新的
LT. Nate Fick做好了......

這幾個月來小宇宙燒得太旺,腦袋裡的東西全丟進去燒光了(也就這麼一點料而已),最近一按進commet,愣了老半天,擠不出東西來。可能要暫時進入潛水狀態了......:)

Xiao Ha said...

@YOYO

我和Yvonne一起買畫啊,因為看到太驚豔了。XDDD

@goodwind

你躲起來都在做這個嘛?:p 少爺終於有像樣的制服了。(笑)

這麼嚴重,連跟我們一起灑小花的的力氣都沒了嘛?還是我們太誇張了?(抖)好風果然對少爺唱歌比較無感,你喜歡口味重的。XD

沒關係,The Pacific快上了,你肯定就會很有話說了。XD

Joyce Huang said...

her art is totally insane :B
I really love her realism style but also the arty look in her drawings<3

I`m feeling ashamed, shall go self-destruction now
*facepalm*

Xiao Ha said...

I'm feeling ashamed, shall go self-destruction now.

Don't be. For me, though a very unprofessional one, you guys are equally talented. It's just that you have totally different approaches to arts and you're using different materials. All your works look great. You're an amazingly fantastic artist as well, honey. Trust me. :)

Yvonne said...

Razor的話對我也同樣驚艷啊,每次的塗鴉也都很喜歡喔~>///<(趁亂告白)

Anonymous said...

hi my name is gigi and i am a dear friend of the girl tiffany who made your paintings. her birthday is coming up and i was wondring if you to amazing girls would be kind enough to write a small review like you would find in the New York Times about her work. we will post it on a livejournal community we will be making for her. it would mean alot! we need them by Wednesday if thats ok. you can email them to me at i_love_books90@yahoo.com or if you have a livejournal contact me as gigi-tastic thanks so much!